A local firefighter is dead following a motorcycle crash on North Lynn Avenue near the intersection of East Mill Street in Elizabethton, Tennessee.
According to authorities, the crash happened around 5 p.m. Sunday. Officers said Dustin Curtis was going north on North Lynn Avenue, went over a metal storm drain grate on the right side of the road, and struck a raised curb. Curtis continued onto the sidewalk and hit a yellow concrete post.
Authorities found Curtis suffering from critical injuries and he was taken by Carter County EMS to the Johnson City Medical Center. Officers were told later Sunday that Curtis had died from injuries.
Curtis was a member of the Elizabethton Fire Department.
- New 12 indicted in N. Carolina county for voting as felons
- New Man faces first-degree murder charge in Charlottesville car ramming
- Johnson City kids got to 'shop with a cop' for all the gifts on their list
- Dozens gather in Johnson City to remember Sandy Hook tragedy
- Net neutrality repeal worries ETSU students; how it could affect your internet bill