CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - The driver in a deadly crash has been found guilty of vehicular homicide in Carter County, Tennessee.
Elizabethton Police say Micah Cates was intoxicated when he hit the sign at Milligan Grocery in 2012. Cates' passenger, Tanner Lee Perkins, died in the wreck.
Officers say they also found drug paraphernalia in the vehicle.
The jury found Cates guilty of vehicular homicide.
He's scheduled to be sentenced on May 5, 2014.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next