CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - The driver in a deadly crash has been found guilty of vehicular homicide in Carter County, Tennessee.
Elizabethton Police say Micah Cates was intoxicated when he hit the sign at Milligan Grocery in 2012. Cates' passenger, Tanner Lee Perkins, died in the wreck.
Officers say they also found drug paraphernalia in the vehicle.
The jury found Cates guilty of vehicular homicide.
He's scheduled to be sentenced on May 5, 2014.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment