CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - A former local television reporter and one-time U.S. Senate candidate has entered into an alford plea on two separate charges.
T.K. Owens entered an alford plea to charges of solicitation of a minor and solicitation to commit murder.
Back in October, investigators say Owens tried to hire a hitman to kill his uncle, who is a deputy in Carter County and a minister.
A judge sentenced Owens to four years on the solicitation of a minor charge. When released, he is required to register as a sex offender.
Owens was also sentenced to eight years probation for the charge of solicitation of first degree murder charge.
The judge also ordered Owens to continue mental health treatments after he serves his time.
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment
- Bristol Spruce-Up: Deadline approaching for Neighborhood Grant program