CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - A man hiking The Appalachian Trail near Elizabethton, Tennessee has died.
Carter County Police say 71-year-old George Walls Grant from Collie, West Australia fell ill while hitchhiking to a marquee on Monday.
A motorist noticed Grant was having a medical problem and took him to the nearest rescue squad station.
He was then taken to a hospital emergency room where he was pronounced dead.
Police believe he was traveling the world to hike.
We're told there appears to be no foul play in Grant's death.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death