ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. - A man is dead after falling onto railroad tracks in Elizabethton, Tennessee.
According to the Elizabethton Police Department it happened Saturday just before 1 p.m. on the Highway 67 bridge near G Street in Elizabethton.
We're told the victim was riding his motorized bicycle when he lost control and hit a guardrail, sending the rider over the guardrail onto a railroad bed. It's believed the motorcycle was the only vehicle involved and drugs and alcohol did not contribute to the crash.
The victim's name is not being released at this time.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next