ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. - A man is dead after falling onto railroad tracks in Elizabethton, Tennessee.
According to the Elizabethton Police Department it happened Saturday just before 1 p.m. on the Highway 67 bridge near G Street in Elizabethton.
We're told the victim was riding his motorized bicycle when he lost control and hit a guardrail, sending the rider over the guardrail onto a railroad bed. It's believed the motorcycle was the only vehicle involved and drugs and alcohol did not contribute to the crash.
The victim's name is not being released at this time.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day