CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - A Carter County man is accused of abducting and raping a woman.
The Sheriff's Department arrested Leonard Rosco Winters after investigating a report that he allegedly held a woman hostage, raped her and threatened to kill her.
"We interviewed one individual who came to the residence, wasn't allowed in, had to talk through the wall and couldn't see the victim... An indication they were being held and unable to leave," said Sheriff Chris Mathes.
Mathes said the woman was able to escape about two days later when the suspect left the house.
Winters is charged with aggravated domestic assault, false imprisonment and aggravated rape.
Mathes said the case is still under investigation.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next