CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - A Carter County man is accused of abducting and raping a woman.
The Sheriff's Department arrested Leonard Rosco Winters after investigating a report that he allegedly held a woman hostage, raped her and threatened to kill her.
"We interviewed one individual who came to the residence, wasn't allowed in, had to talk through the wall and couldn't see the victim... An indication they were being held and unable to leave," said Sheriff Chris Mathes.
Mathes said the woman was able to escape about two days later when the suspect left the house.
Winters is charged with aggravated domestic assault, false imprisonment and aggravated rape.
Mathes said the case is still under investigation.
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development
- Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome