CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - A Carter County man is facing charges after police say he's accused of killing his neighbor's dog.
Authorities say shooting happened back in November on Jenkins Hollow Road.
According to the Carter County Sheriff's Office police report, Steven Eugene Melton was arrested Sunday and charged with intentional killing of a domestic animal and reckless endangerment.
The report says the dog was outside with its owner while he was working on a car. When the dog's owner looked up, he realized the dog was at the bottom of the driveway. The report says the owner yelled for the dog and that's when he heard a gunshot.
The report says the owner saw Melton get in his truck and drive up his own driveway.
At last check, Melton was still in the Carter County Jail.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon