JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A local man is behind bars after police say he is wanted by the U.S. Army.
Johnson City police arrested 26-year-old Edwin Sherrill of Hampton, Tennessee on a charge of being a fugitive from justice.
We're told police arrested Sherrill Saturday at the Mall at Johnson City.
The U.S. Army charged Sherrill with desertion. He's in jail without bond. An arraignment is set for Monday, April, 15.
- New Faculty respond to TBR's 'interim actions' taken at Northeast State Community College
- New Volunteers needed to build home for family in Unicoi County
- Greene County Workhouse women's choir lifting spirits
- Official: Trump to revoke transgender bathroom guidance
- YWCA helping girls get ready for prom