CARTER CO., Tenn. - Eastern Eight CDC in Carter County has received funding from the state of Tennessee.
The organization is using the $277,000 to develop rental housing units for low-income households.
Some of that money will also go towards operating expenses.
Eastern Eight was one of six communities in Tennessee to receive the money through the 2012 Home Program.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash