CARTER CO., Tenn. - Eastern Eight CDC in Carter County has received funding from the state of Tennessee.
The organization is using the $277,000 to develop rental housing units for low-income households.
Some of that money will also go towards operating expenses.
Eastern Eight was one of six communities in Tennessee to receive the money through the 2012 Home Program.
- Updated UPDATE: Greene Co. Sheriff says missing teen could be in N.C.
- ETSU student arraigned, has November court date
- Baby makes three Abingdon women in same family born on same day
- Updated UPDATE: Southern Conference to keep championship games in N.C.
- Save the Peeps: Workers of famous marshmallows end strike