CARTER CO., Tenn. - Eastern Eight CDC in Carter County has received funding from the state of Tennessee.
The organization is using the $277,000 to develop rental housing units for low-income households.
Some of that money will also go towards operating expenses.
Eastern Eight was one of six communities in Tennessee to receive the money through the 2012 Home Program.
- New Poll: 51 percent of Tennesseans approve of Trump's job performance
- UPDATE: Suspected Kingsport killer gets $250K bond
- Dirty dancing: Caretaker charged for naughty dance in front of dementia patient
- Haslam: First vote on gas tax won't signal final version
- Jimmy Fallon donates thousands to his high school