CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - As part of an effort to protect history in Tennessee, state Secretary of State Tre Hargett visite the Tri-Cities Thursday.
He helped present a check for $2,400 from the state to the Elizabethton/Carter County Public Library.
The library is using the money to buy more archive supplies and storage.
The goal is to better protect historical documents relating to the Volunteer State.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities
- Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record