CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - As part of an effort to protect history in Tennessee, state Secretary of State Tre Hargett visite the Tri-Cities Thursday.
He helped present a check for $2,400 from the state to the Elizabethton/Carter County Public Library.
The library is using the money to buy more archive supplies and storage.
The goal is to better protect historical documents relating to the Volunteer State.
- New U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary offers vessel safety inspections
- New After Saudi arms deal, defense shares fly
- New Bill Condon will direct 2019 'Bride of Frankenstein' remake
- New Colorado highway named for Blue Angel pilot killed in crash
- Updated Virginia inmate given furlough one day before she died of cancer