CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - An investigation is now underway after a fire damaged a home in the Hampton, Tennessee community.
The fire started around 11:30 Monday night on Ritter Town Road. When firefighters arrived, they say heavy smoke was coming from the house and crews say they found a couch on fire in the living room.
They also found a wall heater behind the couch.
Fire officials believe the blaze was caused by an electrical problem. They say seven people were living in the home, but no one was inside when the fire started.
The Carter County Sheriff's Department is investigating.
- Updated Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City