ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. - We have more facts about a tragic story in Elizabethton, Tennessee.
We learned from Elizabethton police that four-year-old Joshua Holston died after he was hit by a dump truck.
Police tell us it happened around 1:19 Thursday afternoon at the intersection of Broad Street and Lynn Avenue.
Police say Terry J. Kyte, of Bristol, Tennessee, was driving that truck and was in the turn lane on Broad Street getting ready to turn left.
Joshua and another boy, as well as a woman identified as Tiffani Marie Holston, were attempting to cross the street. Police say Joshua ran into the path of the dump truck as it turned left.
He died at Sycamore Shoals Hospital.
The Elizabethton Traffic Reconstruction Team is investigating.
- Court: Greeneville bank manager embezzled more than $1 million
- Local police agencies offering drug take-back services Saturday
- Domtar announces reduced production at Kingsport plant
- Virginia voter registration deadline extended through Friday
- School board picks plan for new Boone's Creek school, discusses redistricting issue