ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. - We have more facts about a tragic story in Elizabethton, Tennessee.
We learned from Elizabethton police that four-year-old Joshua Holston died after he was hit by a dump truck.
Police tell us it happened around 1:19 Thursday afternoon at the intersection of Broad Street and Lynn Avenue.
Police say Terry J. Kyte, of Bristol, Tennessee, was driving that truck and was in the turn lane on Broad Street getting ready to turn left.
Joshua and another boy, as well as a woman identified as Tiffani Marie Holston, were attempting to cross the street. Police say Joshua ran into the path of the dump truck as it turned left.
He died at Sycamore Shoals Hospital.
The Elizabethton Traffic Reconstruction Team is investigating.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake