ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. - Happy Jason Witten Day!
As part of the Covered Bridge Festival, the Elizabethton native and Dallas Cowboys tight end Jason Witten will receive the honor of his own local holiday at 2:00 Friday afternoon.
Witten will be presented with key to the city and a new sign in recognition of his success.
Witten will give away a $5,000 scholarship to a recent high school graduate during the ceremony.
- Updated Highway 421 to reopen Tuesday between Mountain City and Shady Valley
- Updated Buchanan County drug roundup leads to over 20 arrests
- Updated Report: Presidential Debate captures 80.9 million viewers
- Bluff City tagged with $25,000 fine from state for sewer violation
- Man accused of killing father in Buchanan County appears in court