ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. - Happy Jason Witten Day!
As part of the Covered Bridge Festival, the Elizabethton native and Dallas Cowboys tight end Jason Witten will receive the honor of his own local holiday at 2:00 Friday afternoon.
Witten will be presented with key to the city and a new sign in recognition of his success.
Witten will give away a $5,000 scholarship to a recent high school graduate during the ceremony.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport