ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. - Happy Jason Witten Day!
As part of the Covered Bridge Festival, the Elizabethton native and Dallas Cowboys tight end Jason Witten will receive the honor of his own local holiday at 2:00 Friday afternoon.
Witten will be presented with key to the city and a new sign in recognition of his success.
Witten will give away a $5,000 scholarship to a recent high school graduate during the ceremony.
- Updated Firefighters battle Scott County house fire
- GOP opens new campaign spot in Washington County Tennessee
- Johnson City hosts first Kidney Foundation charity walk in the region
- Virginia State Police investigate deadly motorcycle crash
- Blood drive honors recovering Volunteer Parkway shooting victim