ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. - Happy Jason Witten Day!
As part of the Covered Bridge Festival, the Elizabethton native and Dallas Cowboys tight end Jason Witten will receive the honor of his own local holiday at 2:00 Friday afternoon.
Witten will be presented with key to the city and a new sign in recognition of his success.
Witten will give away a $5,000 scholarship to a recent high school graduate during the ceremony.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction