ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. - Happy Jason Witten Day!
As part of the Covered Bridge Festival, the Elizabethton native and Dallas Cowboys tight end Jason Witten will receive the honor of his own local holiday at 2:00 Friday afternoon.
Witten will be presented with key to the city and a new sign in recognition of his success.
Witten will give away a $5,000 scholarship to a recent high school graduate during the ceremony.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- New Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City