HAMPTON, Tenn. - Carter County Emergency Management is evacuating the Hampton area due to heavy flooding in the area.
We're told this includes Swimming Pool Road and Carl Smith Road.
We've also learned five families have already been evacuated and are seeking shelter at Grace Baptist Church.
The American Red Cross is on the scene.
- Updated Highway 421 to reopen Tuesday between Mountain City and Shady Valley
- Updated Buchanan County drug roundup leads to over 20 arrests
- Updated Report: Presidential Debate captures 80.9 million viewers
- Bluff City tagged with $25,000 fine from state for sewer violation
- Man accused of killing father in Buchanan County appears in court