CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - A former teacher is being sentenced after pleading guilty to sex charges.
The Carter County court clerk tells us Kelly Smith was sentenced to 30 days in jail. He was accused of having an inappropriate relationship with a 13-year-old student.
He will also spend 60 days on court ordered work release and will be on probation for three years. Smith must register as a sex offender.
Smith had pleaded guilty to statutory rape and two counts of solicitation of a minor.
- Updated Fire in Abingdon sends man to hospital
- School board picks plan for new Boone's Creek school, discusses redistricting issue
- Is the election stressing you out? You're not alone.
- Avoca community rallies for girl's Diabetes service dog
- Court: Greeneville bank manager embezzled more than $1 million