CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - A former local sheriff is facing charges of sexual battery.
Carter County authorities say former sheriff John Henson was indicted by a grand jury earlier this month for sexual battery. We're told Henson turned himself into the Carter county jail last night.
He was released on a $3,000 bond. His court date has not been set.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone