CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - A former local sheriff is facing charges of sexual battery.
Carter County authorities say former sheriff John Henson was indicted by a grand jury earlier this month for sexual battery. We're told Henson turned himself into the Carter county jail last night.
He was released on a $3,000 bond. His court date has not been set.
- New Third suspect in Nashville tourist's death arrested
- Updated Virginia city may consider "In God We Trust" motto for its city hall
- Body discovered near Guest River Gorge
- Red carpet rolled out in Bristol for the movie premiere of 'Believe'
- Rime ice caps area mountain tops just days after record highs