CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - A former local sheriff is facing charges of sexual battery.
Carter County authorities say former sheriff John Henson was indicted by a grand jury earlier this month for sexual battery. We're told Henson turned himself into the Carter county jail last night.
He was released on a $3,000 bond. His court date has not been set.
- New Thousands of school buses in Virginia need safety device
- New Virginia DMV: Bristol one of 21 localities with zero traffic fatalities in '16
- New UPDATE: 8-year-old girl among victims in Manchester terror attack
- Jury selection enters second day in Bill Cosby sex assault case
- 6,300-plus stoves recalled following electrocution death