ROAN MOUNTAIN, Tenn. - An annual program to expose kids of all ages to nature is returning to Roan Mountain State Park.
Friends of the Roan will host the two day event Xtreme Roan Adventures on Friday and Saturday, July 26 and 27.
There are 18 activities on Saturday alone including hikes and a scavenger hunt. But we learned there are also activities that require a little less energy.
Co-Director of Xtreme Roan Adventures Ken Turner tells us, "We have static activities: nature crafts, birds of prey from Base Mountain and fossil casting from ETSU's Department of Geosciences and the Gray Fossil Site."
For more information or to register your child, visit www.XtremeRoanAdventures.org.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities