ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. - Some of the best weavers and spinners in the area will be showing their skills at the Fiber Fair and Sale on Saturday, March 16 from 10:00 – 4:00 at Sycamore Shoals State Historic Area in Elizabethton, Tennessee.
Sponsored by the OverMountain Weavers' Guild, the day-long event offers all things related to fiber. Guild members will demonstrate spinning, weaving, crocheting and knitting. Educational exhibits will show native dyes, fibers made from native plants and the "Baatany Goat" project from Roan Mountain.
Guild Members will be on hand to answer questions or provide helpful hints for knitters and crocheters. Also, looms will be set up and ready for visitors who want to learn how to throw a shuttle. Spinners will be on hand to demonstrate the fine art of making thread from roving.
Vendors will be at the Fair all day selling a variety of hand-made items including scarves, placemats, table runners, and more. Yarn and jewelry will also be sale and live alpacas will be on exhibit.
Once again Powers' Coffee will be providing delicious hot food and beverages for breakfast, lunch or snacks.
Admission is free. Fun is guaranteed! Plan to come early and stay late.
For more information:
Sycamore Shoals State Historic Area
1651 W. Elk Ave.
Elizabethton, TN 37643
- New Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial