ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. - The Covered Bridge 5K Run/3K Walk in Elizabethton is set for June 22 starting at 8 a.m.
In a press release, the Mountain States Foundation says the proceeds will benefit Sycamore Shoals Hospital's Chest Pain Center. Last year's races raised more than $19,000, and the foundation says the events have new courses this year. The 5K route is USATF-certified and is expected to be fairly fast, with the same finish through the historic Covered Bridge.
Race-day registration starts at 6:30 a.m. at the City Hall parking lot on the corner of Hattie Avenue and Sycamore Street. Starting locations are slightly different for the 5K and 3K, but starts will be coordinated. The 5K begins at 8 a.m., and the 3K begins immediately afterward. Registration for either distance is $20 in advance and $25 after June 15. Refreshments and awards will follow the completion of the races.
Visit www.mountainstatesfoundation.org to find out more information or to register.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson