ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. - The Covered Bridge 5K Run/3K Walk in Elizabethton is set for June 22 starting at 8 a.m.
In a press release, the Mountain States Foundation says the proceeds will benefit Sycamore Shoals Hospital's Chest Pain Center. Last year's races raised more than $19,000, and the foundation says the events have new courses this year. The 5K route is USATF-certified and is expected to be fairly fast, with the same finish through the historic Covered Bridge.
Race-day registration starts at 6:30 a.m. at the City Hall parking lot on the corner of Hattie Avenue and Sycamore Street. Starting locations are slightly different for the 5K and 3K, but starts will be coordinated. The 5K begins at 8 a.m., and the 3K begins immediately afterward. Registration for either distance is $20 in advance and $25 after June 15. Refreshments and awards will follow the completion of the races.
Visit www.mountainstatesfoundation.org to find out more information or to register.
- New UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- New Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment
- Bristol Spruce-Up: Deadline approaching for Neighborhood Grant program
- Report: Synthetic drug dealer from Pound gets 3.5 years in jail
- U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary offers vessel safety inspections