JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The Elizabethton Twins baseball team was involved in a deadly crash in Jacksonville, Florida Tuesday morning.
The crash happened on Interstate 295 around 4:30 Tuesday morning.
According to the Florida Highway Patrol, the bus crashed with a Honda Civic going in the wrong direction. They say the driver of the car was killed.
We contacted the Elizabethton Twins General Manager Mike Maines and he confirms the bus was on its way to Elizabethton.
We're told no one on board the bus was injured. They say the team was transferred to a new bus and is on its way to Elizabethton.
He says the team left Fort Myers, Florida around midnight.
The bus is carrying the entire team and members of the staff.
The Appalachian League is to begin in two days.
- Updated Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.