JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The Elizabethton Twins baseball team was involved in a deadly crash in Jacksonville, Florida Tuesday morning.
The crash happened on Interstate 295 around 4:30 Tuesday morning.
According to the Florida Highway Patrol, the bus crashed with a Honda Civic going in the wrong direction. They say the driver of the car was killed.
We contacted the Elizabethton Twins General Manager Mike Maines and he confirms the bus was on its way to Elizabethton.
We're told no one on board the bus was injured. They say the team was transferred to a new bus and is on its way to Elizabethton.
He says the team left Fort Myers, Florida around midnight.
The bus is carrying the entire team and members of the staff.
The Appalachian League is to begin in two days.
- Kingsport police searching for five sex offenders
- Updated Endangered Child Alert issued for 13-year-old girl
- New ACC moves its championship game to Orlando
- Updated Volvo recalls 44K vehicles; leak can cause air bag problem
- New Fundraiser and concert to be held for John Battle coach who has brain cancer