ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. - An Elizabethton, Tennessee native is getting a big welcome home.
June 21, 2013 will be declared as Jason Witten Day for the city.
Dallas Cowboys tight end Jason Witten will be honored during an event Friday. The event will be held at two o'clock in the afternoon, at the Covered Bridge Festival main stage. That stage is located on East Elk Avenue, near the soldiers' monument.
News 5 has learned Witten will also be presented a key to the city and a new sign to recognize his success both on and off the field.
Witten will also present a $5,000 scholarship to a recent high school graduate during the ceremony.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend