ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. - An Elizabethton, Tennessee native is getting a big welcome home.
June 21, 2013 will be declared as Jason Witten Day for the city.
Dallas Cowboys tight end Jason Witten will be honored during an event Friday. The event will be held at two o'clock in the afternoon, at the Covered Bridge Festival main stage. That stage is located on East Elk Avenue, near the soldiers' monument.
News 5 has learned Witten will also be presented a key to the city and a new sign to recognize his success both on and off the field.
Witten will also present a $5,000 scholarship to a recent high school graduate during the ceremony.
- Updated Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- New Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction
- Jury is out in first-degree murder case of Johnson City man
- Volunteer firefighters responded to RV fire in Bluff City
- Two men charged in the fatal shooting of Zaevion Dobson