ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. - An Elizabethton, Tennessee native is getting a big welcome home.
June 21, 2013 will be declared as Jason Witten Day for the city.
Dallas Cowboys tight end Jason Witten will be honored during an event Friday. The event will be held at two o'clock in the afternoon, at the Covered Bridge Festival main stage. That stage is located on East Elk Avenue, near the soldiers' monument.
News 5 has learned Witten will also be presented a key to the city and a new sign to recognize his success both on and off the field.
Witten will also present a $5,000 scholarship to a recent high school graduate during the ceremony.
- Updated Greene County teen admits to murdering father
- Updated Authorities continue investigation into old General Mills building fire
- Cyber security customer call center has grand opening in Wise
- Expelled state lawmaker escorted from UT football game
- Public sessions begin Monday regarding MSHA/Wellmont merger