CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - The Carter County Sheriff's Office arrested two men, both instructors at the Tennessee College of Applied Technology in Elizabethton.
After a lengthy investigation, the two men are facing various charges.
Sheriff Chris Mathes says David Simerly threatened to slap a fellow employee because he believed his co-worker was giving information to a private investigator regarding another incident.
Joseph Churchwell, who is also an instructor at the school, is accused of stealing metal and other parts from the school, then taking them to a recycling facility and keeping the profits.
"Continuing that investigation has led to the arrests of two individuals. They were instructors at the school, so we're still continuing to investigate," says Sheriff Mathes.
We contacted the school for a comment, but no one returned our calls.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next