CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - The Carter County Sheriff's Office arrested two men, both instructors at the Tennessee College of Applied Technology in Elizabethton.
After a lengthy investigation, the two men are facing various charges.
Sheriff Chris Mathes says David Simerly threatened to slap a fellow employee because he believed his co-worker was giving information to a private investigator regarding another incident.
Joseph Churchwell, who is also an instructor at the school, is accused of stealing metal and other parts from the school, then taking them to a recycling facility and keeping the profits.
"Continuing that investigation has led to the arrests of two individuals. They were instructors at the school, so we're still continuing to investigate," says Sheriff Mathes.
We contacted the school for a comment, but no one returned our calls.
- ETSU student arraigned, has November court date
- Endangered Child Alert issued for 13-year-old girl
- Updated Police: Pipe bomb found near Tweetsie Trial in Elizabethon
- Updated Local food bank receives $50,000 grant to help distribute produce
- Updated Jonesborough Police Chief placed on administrative leave