ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. - Elizabethton Police said they arrested a suspect in the Tuesday robbery of the Sonoco store at 1258 Milligan Highway.
Officers said a man stormed into the store about 7:36 p.m. on Tuesday, threatened the cashier, and demanded money from the register.
Police say the man left the business with money. Witnesses told officers they saw someone run from the convenience store, then get into a car parked nearby.
Elizabethton Police identified the suspect as Aaron Wallace, 30, of Unicoi, Tennessee.
Johnson City Police arrested Wallace at a home on North Barton Street. He is charged with one count of aggravated robbery.
He is due back in court on March 4.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting