ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. - Police are revealing new facts about the deaths of two people in Elizabethton.
Following an investigation by police and the autopsy results police now say it was a murder suicide. On October 27, 2013 police found the bodies of 43 year old Melissa Griffin and 49 year old Michael Griffin at a home on Garden Road.
Officers say they found evidence of multiple gun shots being fired inside the home along with a handgun.
Police say evidence showed Melissa Griffin died after being shot several times by Michael Griffin. They also say Michael died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect