CARTER CO., Tenn. - Police in Elizabethton, Tennessee say five people at five businesses face fines for selling alcohol to an underage customer.
Police say an undercover operation took place using a person between the age of 18 and 20 to see if any places were selling alcohol to people underage.
Police say the businesses where the sales occurred, were the Go Grocery on West Elk Avenue, the Bonnie Kate Cafe on Sycamore Street, The Smokehouse BBQ Company on Milligan Highway, Beef O' Brady's and Lakeo Steakhouse of Japan on Hudson Drive.
The five people who got tickets are scheduled to be in court on December 3rd.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson
- Updated Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event