CARTER CO., Tenn. - Police in Elizabethton, Tennessee say five people at five businesses face fines for selling alcohol to an underage customer.
Police say an undercover operation took place using a person between the age of 18 and 20 to see if any places were selling alcohol to people underage.
Police say the businesses where the sales occurred, were the Go Grocery on West Elk Avenue, the Bonnie Kate Cafe on Sycamore Street, The Smokehouse BBQ Company on Milligan Highway, Beef O' Brady's and Lakeo Steakhouse of Japan on Hudson Drive.
The five people who got tickets are scheduled to be in court on December 3rd.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone