CARTER CO., Tenn. - Police in Elizabethton, Tennessee say five people at five businesses face fines for selling alcohol to an underage customer.
Police say an undercover operation took place using a person between the age of 18 and 20 to see if any places were selling alcohol to people underage.
Police say the businesses where the sales occurred, were the Go Grocery on West Elk Avenue, the Bonnie Kate Cafe on Sycamore Street, The Smokehouse BBQ Company on Milligan Highway, Beef O' Brady's and Lakeo Steakhouse of Japan on Hudson Drive.
The five people who got tickets are scheduled to be in court on December 3rd.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway