ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. - Renovations and more space for planes are coming to the Elizabethton Airport thanks to a grant.
Dan Cogan the manager of the Elizabethton Airport tells us they received a $4.2 million grant from the Tennessee Department of Transportation Aeronautics Division.
He tells us with the money they plan to build a 14-unit airplane storage hangar and update the main terminal.
Cogan says the airport is receiving bigger planes and more planes, so they are having to expand the ramp to make more room for parking. "We're growing -- we have 57 based aircrafts, our fuels sales were up significantly last year, and we're seeing a lot of traffic, both corporate and recreational," he said.
Cogan tells us they received more money than any other airport in Tennessee.
He says the project is expected to be completed by June 2014.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane