ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. - Renovations and more space for planes are coming to the Elizabethton Airport thanks to a grant.
Dan Cogan the manager of the Elizabethton Airport tells us they received a $4.2 million grant from the Tennessee Department of Transportation Aeronautics Division.
He tells us with the money they plan to build a 14-unit airplane storage hangar and update the main terminal.
Cogan says the airport is receiving bigger planes and more planes, so they are having to expand the ramp to make more room for parking. "We're growing -- we have 57 based aircrafts, our fuels sales were up significantly last year, and we're seeing a lot of traffic, both corporate and recreational," he said.
Cogan tells us they received more money than any other airport in Tennessee.
He says the project is expected to be completed by June 2014.
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial
- Rock royalty in attendance as Chris Cornell is laid to rest in Hollywood