Carter County Deputies are searching for an inmate who walked off his job detail this afternoon.
Sheriff Dexter Lunceford tells News 5 they're looking for 47-year-old James Walton.
He is serving time for a probation violation.
He walked off from his work gang in Roan Mountain at about 3 pm Monday.
Sheriff Lunceford says before Walton walked off, he got into an altercation with another inmate in the work gang.
That inmate is now in the Johnson City Medical Center.
If you have any information, contact the Carter County Sheriff's Office.
- Updated UPDATE: Former ETSU men's tennis coach indicted for forgery, theft
- Preliminary hearing held for man accused of beating Carter County woman to death
- Bristol city leaders confirm Hobby Lobby to come to The Falls
- Sullivan South teacher charged with unlawful photographing
- Bristol man charged with breaking and entering of convenience store