CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - The Carter County Sheriff's Office is investigating the death of a child.
According to Sheriff Chris Mathes, deputies responded to a home on Lovers Lane around 12:45 Tuesday afternoon. That's where they found the four-year-old unconscious.
Sheriff Mathes says the child was rushed to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Sheriff Mathes tells News 5 the child had been left with a 13-year-old and a 10-year-old at the time of the incident.
The Carter County Sheriff's Office is investigating the death as suspicious. An autopsy has been ordered.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting