CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - The Carter County Sheriff's Office is investigating the death of a child.
According to Sheriff Chris Mathes, deputies responded to a home on Lovers Lane around 12:45 Tuesday afternoon. That's where they found the four-year-old unconscious.
Sheriff Mathes says the child was rushed to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Sheriff Mathes tells News 5 the child had been left with a 13-year-old and a 10-year-old at the time of the incident.
The Carter County Sheriff's Office is investigating the death as suspicious. An autopsy has been ordered.
- New Double-up: Tri Cities' Kroger stores not included in coupon cancellation
- 'Genius Hour' inspiring unique products from Bristol middle schoolers
- Official: Trump to revoke transgender bathroom guidance
- Poll: 51 percent of Tennesseans approve of Trump's job performance
- Updated UPDATE: Suspected Kingsport killer gets $250K bond