CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - The Carter County Sheriff's Office is investigating the death of a child.
According to Sheriff Chris Mathes, deputies responded to a home on Lovers Lane around 12:45 Tuesday afternoon. That's where they found the four-year-old unconscious.
Sheriff Mathes says the child was rushed to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Sheriff Mathes tells News 5 the child had been left with a 13-year-old and a 10-year-old at the time of the incident.
The Carter County Sheriff's Office is investigating the death as suspicious. An autopsy has been ordered.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin