ELIZABETHTON. Tenn. - A corrections officer has been fired after allegedly assaulting a prisoner. Chancelor Presnell actions will be looked into by a grand jury after an initial investigation.
Chris Mathes, the Carter County Sheriff, says an investigation revealed Presnell had violated general orders unbecoming conduct, misconduct with inmates, and excessive force resulting in jury.
Mathes also says a criminal investigation is underway and will most likely be presented to the grand jury in September.
- Updated Justin Timberlake on Tenn. voting controversy: "I had no idea."
- Updated Woman pleads guilty in Tenn. drag racing case
- New Man arrested for trying pay with $1 bill altered to look like a $20
- Updated Wife who says lottery is waste of money wins $1 million
- Mistrial for men accused of beating NASCAR's Mike Wallace