ELIZABETHTON. Tenn. - A corrections officer has been fired after allegedly assaulting a prisoner. Chancelor Presnell actions will be looked into by a grand jury after an initial investigation.
Chris Mathes, the Carter County Sheriff, says an investigation revealed Presnell had violated general orders unbecoming conduct, misconduct with inmates, and excessive force resulting in jury.
Mathes also says a criminal investigation is underway and will most likely be presented to the grand jury in September.
- Updated U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary offers vessel safety inspections
- New After Saudi arms deal, defense shares fly
- New Bill Condon will direct 2019 'Bride of Frankenstein' remake
- New Colorado highway named for Blue Angel pilot killed in crash
- Virginia inmate given furlough one day before she died of cancer