CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - A Carter County corrections officer has been terminated amid an investigation into an assault on an inmate.
Chancelor Presnell was on the job for about nine months. We're told it started with an inmate making inappropriate remarks to a female corrections officer.
Presnell is accused of then assaulting the inmate.
Sheriff Chris Mathes says a criminal investigation is underway and the case will be presented to the grand jury in September.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction