CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - A Carter County corrections officer has been terminated amid an investigation into an assault on an inmate.
Chancelor Presnell was on the job for about nine months. We're told it started with an inmate making inappropriate remarks to a female corrections officer.
Presnell is accused of then assaulting the inmate.
Sheriff Chris Mathes says a criminal investigation is underway and the case will be presented to the grand jury in September.
- New 2-year-old drowns in North Carolina swimming pool
- New South Dakota teen with cancer gets OK to walk at graduation
- 2 juveniles charged in former Kingsport IGA building fire
- New resource plans to help mothers bearing drug addicted babies in Tri-Cities
- Many busy picking up the pieces after severe storms strike our region