CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - Construction is underway at the new Carter County Animal Shelter.
The new facility will be about 6,000 square feet. That's about 5,000 more than the current building, which only houses about 50 animals.
Director April Jones said the new location also has room for expansion in the future. "The new facility will give us a safer and cleaner environment to house the dogs and cats than we have now," she said.
The construction is scheduled to be done by early summer, which is the shelter's busy season.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial