CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - Construction is underway at the new Carter County Animal Shelter.
The new facility will be about 6,000 square feet. That's about 5,000 more than the current building, which only houses about 50 animals.
Director April Jones said the new location also has room for expansion in the future. "The new facility will give us a safer and cleaner environment to house the dogs and cats than we have now," she said.
The construction is scheduled to be done by early summer, which is the shelter's busy season.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend