CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - Construction is underway at the new Carter County Animal Shelter.
The new facility will be about 6,000 square feet. That's about 5,000 more than the current building, which only houses about 50 animals.
Director April Jones said the new location also has room for expansion in the future. "The new facility will give us a safer and cleaner environment to house the dogs and cats than we have now," she said.
The construction is scheduled to be done by early summer, which is the shelter's busy season.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day