CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - The consolidation of one company could bring dozens of jobs to Carter County.
While the name of the company is not being released, we did learned the business works with environmental and emission control.
It could bring 250 jobs up-front with the possibility of more in the future.
Carter County Tomorrow president Tom Anderson told News 5 Wednesday that they are working on an incentive plan to hopefully win the company over to Tennessee. "Tennessee is very strong. In Carter County, we have what they need here. So I think we will be able to put on a pretty good presentation. Definitely get the boards attention," said Anderson.
We found out Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina and Nevada are also hoping to be chosen.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day