CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - A Carter County teacher has been accused of stealing.
Leon Tolley was indicted by the grand jury on two counts of theft under $500.
According to the Carter County Sheriff's Department, Tolley was caught on surveillance video removing pills from another teacher's desk.
Investigators said Tolley turned himself in Wednesday morning. We're told he admitted to detectives that he took the pills on two occasions.
Tolley was a teacher at Hampton Elementary and coached girls' basketball before he was suspended in December without pay.
News 5 WCYB has a call into the school system to find out if he is still employed.
The case was presented to the grand jury once before, but that time the grand jury failed to indict Tolley.
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia