CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - A Carter County teacher has been accused of stealing.
Leon Tolley was indicted by the grand jury on two counts of theft under $500.
According to the Carter County Sheriff's Department, Tolley was caught on surveillance video removing pills from another teacher's desk.
Investigators said Tolley turned himself in Wednesday morning. We're told he admitted to detectives that he took the pills on two occasions.
Tolley was a teacher at Hampton Elementary and coached girls' basketball before he was suspended in December without pay.
News 5 WCYB has a call into the school system to find out if he is still employed.
The case was presented to the grand jury once before, but that time the grand jury failed to indict Tolley.
- Updated Black Lives Matter event at ETSU crashed by man in gorilla mask
- Bristol, Va. woman charged with attempted robbery
- Sullivan County postal worker takes plea deal in hidden mail case
- Updated Senators ask Justice Department to investigate EpiPen maker
- Updated California limits travel to North Carolina over LGBT law