CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - A Carter County teacher has been accused of stealing.
Leon Tolley was indicted by the grand jury on two counts of theft under $500.
According to the Carter County Sheriff's Department, Tolley was caught on surveillance video removing pills from another teacher's desk.
Investigators said Tolley turned himself in Wednesday morning. We're told he admitted to detectives that he took the pills on two occasions.
Tolley was a teacher at Hampton Elementary and coached girls' basketball before he was suspended in December without pay.
News 5 WCYB has a call into the school system to find out if he is still employed.
The case was presented to the grand jury once before, but that time the grand jury failed to indict Tolley.
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets