CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - Carter County Sheriff Chris Mathes is running for re-election.
Mathes tells us he wants to continue to fight the war on drugs in his county.
"People wanted someone who has going to do something about the drug crime, they wanted drug dealers looked up We're consisently in the top of state dealing with meth labs, arrests, seizures and it's tearing our communities apart," said Mathes.
We talked to Mathes on Tuesday. He said his previous eight-year track record as sheriff in Carter County speaks for itself.
The Republican primary will be May 6th.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death