CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - Carter County Sheriff Chris Mathes is running for re-election.
Mathes tells us he wants to continue to fight the war on drugs in his county.
"People wanted someone who has going to do something about the drug crime, they wanted drug dealers looked up We're consisently in the top of state dealing with meth labs, arrests, seizures and it's tearing our communities apart," said Mathes.
We talked to Mathes on Tuesday. He said his previous eight-year track record as sheriff in Carter County speaks for itself.
The Republican primary will be May 6th.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon