CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - A Carter County grand jury indicted a man and woman on a murder charge.
Timothy Jason Pate and Whitney Kristina were indicted on charges of first-degree murder, felony murder, and tampering with evidence.
Authorities say the victim befriended the couple and provided help for them and their two children.
They say he was visiting the couple one day when Pate hit him in the head with a hammer.
Police say they rolled his body in a carpet and dumped it in the woods.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial