CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - A Carter County grand jury indicted a man and woman on a murder charge.
Timothy Jason Pate and Whitney Kristina were indicted on charges of first-degree murder, felony murder, and tampering with evidence.
Authorities say the victim befriended the couple and provided help for them and their two children.
They say he was visiting the couple one day when Pate hit him in the head with a hammer.
Police say they rolled his body in a carpet and dumped it in the woods.
- New Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- New Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- New Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Updated Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record
- Updated Local bank holding 5K run to raise money for Niswonger Children's Hospital