ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. - Clean up is underway Friday morning at the new Carter County jail.
We've confirmed with 911 dispatchers Friday morning that an inmate possibly tampered with a sprinkler head triggering the sprinkler system and causing water damage.
It happened around midnight. We've learned that some inmates had to be moved while crews worked to shut the water off.
Employees at the jail tell us there was a lot of water, but they're not sure just how many gallons filled the jail.
The Elizabethton Fire Department responded to the scene.
We'll continue to follow this story and have updates as we learn more.
- New Third suspect in Nashville tourist's death arrested
- Updated Virginia city may consider "In God We Trust" motto for its city hall
- Body discovered near Guest River Gorge
- Red carpet rolled out in Bristol for the movie premiere of 'Believe'
- Rime ice caps area mountain tops just days after record highs