CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - The Carter County Deputy involved in a shooting Tuesday was identified by Sheriff Chris Mathes.
Mathes says it was Deputy William Ross Frizzell that fired his gun at Keith Brummit.
It happened at the intersection of Okolona Road and Milligan Highway. Mathes says Frizzell was attempting to serve a warrant on Brummit when Brummit attacked him.
The sheriff says Frizzell was choked and beaten by Brummit before he ended the struggle by firing that shot. Brumit remains hospitalized, Frizzell was released.
- Updated ETSU student charged with intimidation for gorilla mask act at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- Updated Fire at old General Mills building now suspected as arson
- Updated Bays Mountain Dam turns 100 this year
- Updated Doctors more careful when prescribing antibiotics