CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - The Carter County Deputy involved in a shooting Tuesday was identified by Sheriff Chris Mathes.
Mathes says it was Deputy William Ross Frizzell that fired his gun at Keith Brummit.
It happened at the intersection of Okolona Road and Milligan Highway. Mathes says Frizzell was attempting to serve a warrant on Brummit when Brummit attacked him.
The sheriff says Frizzell was choked and beaten by Brummit before he ended the struggle by firing that shot. Brumit remains hospitalized, Frizzell was released.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson