CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - A Carter County deputy sheriff is on administrative leave without pay after authorities say he was charged with assault and assault under domestic violence.
According to sheriff Chris Mathes, 25-year-old Matt Ainsworth was arrested Sunday morning after they received a call that he assaulted his girlfriend.
Mathes says Ainsworth will be on administrative leave pending the investigation.
He added it was disheartening to have to investigate one of his own.
- Select children's tickets to be $10 for Cup Series events at Bristol Motor Speedway
- Public invited to give input on proposed hospital merger
- Mount Caramel police officer suspended on first day back to work
- Updated Voter registrars work to clarify restored voting rights
- Additional charges given to Sullivan County man charged with rape