CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - The Carter County sheriff's office is conducting an internal investigation on a deputy.
Sheriff Chris Mathes tells us someone complained after seeing a deputy and a clerk come out of the back room of a convenience store together.
Sheriff Mathes says his department suspended the deputy to see if the deputy did anything wrong.
It is News 5's policy not to report names of people under investigation unless they face criminal charges.
We'll continue to follow the investigation and bring you the facts you need to know.
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire