CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - The Carter County sheriff's office is conducting an internal investigation on a deputy.
Sheriff Chris Mathes tells us someone complained after seeing a deputy and a clerk come out of the back room of a convenience store together.
Sheriff Mathes says his department suspended the deputy to see if the deputy did anything wrong.
It is News 5's policy not to report names of people under investigation unless they face criminal charges.
We'll continue to follow the investigation and bring you the facts you need to know.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon