CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - The Carter County sheriff's office is conducting an internal investigation on a deputy.
Sheriff Chris Mathes tells us someone complained after seeing a deputy and a clerk come out of the back room of a convenience store together.
Sheriff Mathes says his department suspended the deputy to see if the deputy did anything wrong.
It is News 5's policy not to report names of people under investigation unless they face criminal charges.
We'll continue to follow the investigation and bring you the facts you need to know.
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development
- Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome