CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - The Carter County sheriff's office is conducting an internal investigation on a deputy.
Sheriff Chris Mathes tells us someone complained after seeing a deputy and a clerk come out of the back room of a convenience store together.
Sheriff Mathes says his department suspended the deputy to see if the deputy did anything wrong.
It is News 5's policy not to report names of people under investigation unless they face criminal charges.
We'll continue to follow the investigation and bring you the facts you need to know.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake