CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - A Carter County man, convicted of vehicular homicide, will spend eight years in prison.
Micah Cates was sentenced Monday for the death of Tanner Lee Perkins in 2012. Perkins was a passenger in the vehicle Cates was driving when he hit the sign at Milligan Grocery.
Officers say Cates was intoxicated, and they also found drug paraphernalia in the vehicle.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator