CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - A Carter County man, convicted of vehicular homicide, will spend eight years in prison.
Micah Cates was sentenced Monday for the death of Tanner Lee Perkins in 2012. Perkins was a passenger in the vehicle Cates was driving when he hit the sign at Milligan Grocery.
Officers say Cates was intoxicated, and they also found drug paraphernalia in the vehicle.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect