CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - A Carter County man, convicted of vehicular homicide, will spend eight years in prison.
Micah Cates was sentenced Monday for the death of Tanner Lee Perkins in 2012. Perkins was a passenger in the vehicle Cates was driving when he hit the sign at Milligan Grocery.
Officers say Cates was intoxicated, and they also found drug paraphernalia in the vehicle.
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia