A Republican has announced his candidacy to represent Tennessee's House District Four.
John Holsclaw of Elizabethton is running for the seat that is currently held by the General Assembly's only Independent representative Kent Williams.
Williams announced last year that he won't seek a fifth term, but will instead run for Carter County mayor.
Holsclaw says he was encouraged by family and friends to seek public office to help expand employment opportunities in Carter and Unicoi Counties.
The Republican primary is August 7th.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- New Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon
- Johnson City man arrested after dangerous police chase in busy traffic