A Republican has announced his candidacy to represent Tennessee's House District Four.
John Holsclaw of Elizabethton is running for the seat that is currently held by the General Assembly's only Independent representative Kent Williams.
Williams announced last year that he won't seek a fifth term, but will instead run for Carter County mayor.
Holsclaw says he was encouraged by family and friends to seek public office to help expand employment opportunities in Carter and Unicoi Counties.
The Republican primary is August 7th.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death