CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - Carter County Sheriff Chris Mathes says a four-year-old boy's death was caused by a BB gun.
We're told Coty Cox died Tuesday afternoon after an incident at his home on Lover's Lane while his mother was shopping. Click here to read more.
Sheriff Mathes says a 13-year-old and a 10-year-old were left with Coty. We're told all three boys were related.
Mathes says the boys told investigators Coty fell and hit his head while they were jumping on the bed. Mathes adds an autopsy proved that did not happen.
The investigation into the incident is ongoing. No charges have been filed at this time.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City