ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. - Dozens of people gathered in downtown Elizabethton Wednesday to kick off of the 47th annual 'Covered Bridge Celebration'.
People enjoyed live music, food, and arts from local vendors all around the area.
The theme was 'Gospel Night' as people enjoyed music from local church choirs and gospel singers.
The event continues through Saturday and will feature some big names, including country artist Jamie O'Neal and Dallas Cowboys tight end Jason Witten, who will be making an appearance on Friday.
The event continues Thursday afternoon at four and will feature blue grass artists from across the area.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend