ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. - Dozens of people gathered in downtown Elizabethton Wednesday to kick off of the 47th annual 'Covered Bridge Celebration'.
People enjoyed live music, food, and arts from local vendors all around the area.
The theme was 'Gospel Night' as people enjoyed music from local church choirs and gospel singers.
The event continues through Saturday and will feature some big names, including country artist Jamie O'Neal and Dallas Cowboys tight end Jason Witten, who will be making an appearance on Friday.
The event continues Thursday afternoon at four and will feature blue grass artists from across the area.
- Local overcrowded animal shelter fighting to avoid euthanasia
- More law enforcement agencies in our region looking to carry a lifesaving drug
- Norton clinic improving health for black lung patients
- Lowe's Heroes Project making improvements to Cherokee Elementary School
- Healthcare insurance rates to spike in 2017