NEWPORT, Tenn. - A Tennessee bus driver is behind bars after authorities say she was going to drive her bus drunk.
Newport Sheriff Armando Fontes received a tip that Cheryl Hembreee had gone into a convenience store to buy a 24 oz. bottle of Natural Light beer.
The 39-year-old was found behind a church inside of her bus. She was in a passenger seat with the bottle of beer in a brown bag.
Hembree was arrested and made to take a breathalyzer; she blew a .09.
There were no children on the bus. Hembree has been charged with DUI and violating Tennessee's open container law.
- New Pedestrian killed trying to cross interstate in Asheville
- Trial date set for Sullivan County man charged with child sex crimes
- Man sentenced after trying to bring meth to Lee County inmates
- Supreme Court may strike law barring sex offenders from social media
- Updated Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN