PIGEON FORGE, Tenn. - Authorities say a brush fire on the outskirts of Pigeon Forge has forced the evacuation of at least 20 cabins.
Lt. Kevin Nunn with the Pigeon Forge Fire Department said the fire started around 1:30 p.m. Sunday.
Nunn said the fire has not reached any of the structures, but is being driven by a 30 mph wind. He said about 10 agencies are fighting the fire.
Nunn said the fire is not a threat to Dollywood theme park, which is to the east of the blaze.
The cause of the fire is under investigation. but officials said the fire was fully contained around 8:15 Sunday night.
- Updated Umpire at Little League World Series is from Abindgon
- Updated Take a two-day train excursion through West Virginia
- Updated Workforce development grant providing students training opportunities
- Local kids get an educational tour of the Appalachian Fair
- Lee County man sentenced to 13 years for sexual assault against minor