PIGEON FORGE, Tenn. - Authorities say a brush fire on the outskirts of Pigeon Forge has forced the evacuation of at least 20 cabins.
Lt. Kevin Nunn with the Pigeon Forge Fire Department said the fire started around 1:30 p.m. Sunday.
Nunn said the fire has not reached any of the structures, but is being driven by a 30 mph wind. He said about 10 agencies are fighting the fire.
Nunn said the fire is not a threat to Dollywood theme park, which is to the east of the blaze.
The cause of the fire is under investigation. but officials said the fire was fully contained around 8:15 Sunday night.
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC warns there would be 'significant risk' if MSHA, Wellmont merger is approved
- Suspected Bristol bank robber waives preliminary hearing
- Justin Timberlake on Tenn. voting controversy: "I had no idea."
- Updated MLB commish says he plans to meet with Indians owner on logo