PIGEON FORGE, Tenn. - Authorities say a brush fire on the outskirts of Pigeon Forge has forced the evacuation of at least 20 cabins.
Lt. Kevin Nunn with the Pigeon Forge Fire Department said the fire started around 1:30 p.m. Sunday.
Nunn said the fire has not reached any of the structures, but is being driven by a 30 mph wind. He said about 10 agencies are fighting the fire.
Nunn said the fire is not a threat to Dollywood theme park, which is to the east of the blaze.
The cause of the fire is under investigation. but officials said the fire was fully contained around 8:15 Sunday night.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport