BRISTOL, Tenn. - Emergency crews are working an incident backing up traffic along Interstate-81 around the lunchtime commute Monday.
Emergency management director Jim Bean said a propane truck crashed in the northbound lanes of Interstate-81 at mile marker 73 around 11 a.m. Monday. TDOT confirms one of the northbound lanes remains closed as of 11:30 a.m.
Bean confirmed the driver was entrapped, but crews were working to free the driver from the vehicle. Crews were also working to contain a diesel spill coming from the truck.
Bean said the incident was a single-vehicle crash. So far, no other injuries have been reported.
- Updated American Merchant investing $19M, creating 400 new jobs in Bristol, Virginia
- Controversial Kentucky lawmaker accused of sexual assault
- UPDATE: Tennessee boy overwhelmed by support after viral bullying video
- Man deported after rape conviction in Tennessee tried to enter U.S.
- Turbulent U.S. Senate race in Alabama now in the hands of the voters