A Tennessee Highway Patrol report says a blown tire is the preliminary cause of a tractor-trailer crash that snarled traffic on Interstate 81 in Bristol, Tennessee Monday afternoon.
A rig driven by Johnny Clark Emory, 61, of Jasper, Georgia was traveling northbound on the highway near mile marker 73 just before 11 a.m. when the right front tire blew and caused the vehicle to hit the guardrail then overturn down an embankment.
Emory's condition is not known but the THP reports he was alert and talking as he was taken out of the vehicle and transported to a Bristol hospital.
- New Controversial Kentucky lawmaker accused of sexual assault
- New UPDATE: Tennessee boy overwhelmed by support after viral bullying video
- New Man deported after rape conviction in Tennessee tried to enter U.S.
- New Turbulent U.S. Senate race in Alabama now in the hands of the voters
- Grandfather Mountain welcomes new elk Doc, Earl and Watson