BRISTOL, Tenn. - Bristol, Tenn. police officers are investigating a deadly crash that happened Sunday morning.
Just before 9:00 a.m. officers responded to a single-car crash on Walnut Hill Road, beneath the Interstate-81 bridge.
Police say a 2004 Ford Crown Victoria was traveling north on I-81 when it hit a guardrail and ran off the road. The car landed on Walnut Hill Road.
Police say a passenger was taken to the hospital, but is expected to be okay. The driver died at the scene. Police did not release the victim's identity, as family members are being notified of the situation.
Police did not reveal what may have caused the crash.
If you have any information you are asked to call Officer Adam Dye at 423-989-5600.
- Smyth County animal shelter temporarily shutting down
- Kingsport Police arrest man wanted in multiple cities
- Scott County students receive shoes and socks from Rotary Club Shoe Fund
- Union's James Mitchell commits to Virginia Tech
- Sullivan County dispatcher honored for successful baby delivery over the phone