Bristol Tennessee's City Council has named Jack Young as mayor.
Young has been on the council since 2013 and he told News 5 on Wednesday that he's looking forward to continuing plans for the replacement of Vance Middle School.
He also says some federal grant money to help expand the city water and sewer capacity is an indication of some promising investments in Bristol.
"Part of the reason we got that grant was additional activity happening on the industrial front. What comes next with that, you know, we'll have to see, but there's continuing contacts and, either new prospects or people who have been around for a while that says 'you know what? we need to look at making some expansion," said Young said.
Margaret Feierabend was chosen as Vice Mayor.
- New Tractor Trailer crash on I-81 shuts down all southbound lanes
- Sam's Gap closed off as of 11:15 p.m. Saturday
- Big Brothers Big Sisters mentors give Christmas presents to their mentees
- Crews out in force to keep roads safe Friday
- Scott County woman plays role of Santa Claus; distributes hundreds of presents to kids in need