BRISTOL, Tenn. - Healing Hands in Bristol, Tennessee is offering access to free medical care this week.
It's all part of their yearly heath fair.
Doctors and medical students from ETSU are offering free blood tests, general exams, and pelvic exams for women.
Organizers predict close to 200 patients will be seen.
One participating doctor says this is a great opportunity to help those in our area who don't have the means to seek regular medical services.
"I think this is very important especially for people who don't have access to healthcare. Now they can get some basic labs, as well as their health maintenance exams-- like a pelvic exam, breast exam and pap smear." said Dr. Fereshteh Gerayli.
Doctors will start seeing patients again on Thursday starting at 8:00 a.m.
- New Smyth County animal shelter temporarily shutting down
- New Kingsport Police arrest man wanted in multiple cities
- Scott County students receive shoes and socks from Rotary Club Shoe Fund
- Union's James Mitchell commits to Virginia Tech
- Sullivan County dispatcher honored for successful baby delivery over the phone